Here are the details you should be aware of:
We continue to encourage those most vulnerable to COVID-19 (elderly & those with underlying conditions) to stay home and worship with us online. We will be streaming the service via Facebook, You Tube and through our Website Live. Videos of the service will be posted on our church website by Monday afternoon.
Also, to protect everyone in attendance, please stay home if you have any of the following symptoms:
What should I expect?
To comply CDC and local health recommendations and best practices, we have developed certain GLC policies. Please be prepared for a time of celebration and the following adjustments to our normal activities:
1. Worship Service Only – Wednesday evening bible study will still be on Zoom until further notice.
2. You must pre-register for services through our website at glhc1.org (look for the yellow highlighted area) or use this link https://www.glhc1.org/reserve-your-seat.html . If you do not have internet call the church office. Registration will open Monday, March 22nd at 12 noon. Seating is limited to (75) seventy-five persons and is on a first come -first served basis. This includes anyone who is serving as an usher, greeter, audio worker, music/praise team member or security.
3. Parking Lot and Ramp Entrances Only – Frebis Avenue entrance will be closed. Enter through the Parking lot and ramp doors. Everyone will exit through the ramp door for departure.
4. Arrive Early – As you will see, we have some additional procedures in place that may take more time. Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes earlier than you normally would for service. We will begin promptly at 10:30 am.
5. Social Distancing – You will maintain six (6) feet of social distance from anyone who isn’t a member of your immediate family. Please refrain from hugs, handshakes, etc., and maintain appropriate distances as much as possible.
6. Temperature Checks – Everyone coming into the service will have their temperature checked and will need to answer a few general questions regarding possible COVID-19 symptoms. Anyone who displays symptoms or answers “Yes” to these questions will not be admitted to the service.
7. Face masks – Face masks that cover your nose and mouth are required. We will have additional masks available at the screening station for anyone who needs one.
8. Offering & Communion – We will not pass the offering basket during the service, so please continue to give online or deposit your offering in the wooden box on the way in, mail in your offering or use the Kiosk in the foyer. Also, on the Sundays when we celebrate communion, please pick up your pre-packaged communion elements on the communion tables if you plan on participating.
9. Seating – Due to social distancing requirements, every other pew will be closed and seating on open pews will be limited to 4 persons spaced six feet apart on the center pews and 2 on the side pews. Ushers will meet you at the doors into the Sanctuary to help you find your assigned seat. There is special seating designated for those in wheel chairs and needing special assistance.
This is an unprecedented time, so please extend grace as we work through all the details. Also, extend grace to others who feel differently about the virus and regulations and those who are not ready to attend an in-person service at this time. We are all in this together! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact the church office at (614) 449-8722 or email me at email@example.com . We can’t wait to see you again soon!
Children and Youth Ministries
Pre-registration is required for attendance through our website. Registration will begin Monday's at noon and close at 6pm on Saturday. Those without internet access can contact the church office.
In-Person Worship Service Guidelines
Follow us on Social Media
600 Frebis Ave Columbus, Ohio 43206
(614) 449-8722 Office (614) 449-8276 Fax firstname.lastname@example.org